The monthly newspaper from the Diocese of St Albans
Church Of England News
The latest news releases from the Church of England’s official communications office.
- Investors with $10trn under management declare support for ExxonMobil climate change resolutionInvestors with $10trn under management declare support for ExxonMobil climate change resolution
- Cathedrals Working GroupThe Archbishops of Canterbury and York have set up a Cathedrals Working Group, CWG, in response to a request made by the Bishop of Peterborough in his January 2017 Visitation Charge on Peterborough Cathedral for a revision to be carried out of the adequacy of the current Cathedrals Measure.
- New Bishop of Sheffield AnnouncedNew Bishop of Sheffield Announced
- Elliott Review progress reportThe Church of England's National Safeguarding Team has today published a progress report, one year on from the Elliott Review, which recommended a range of safeguarding proposals for the Church, particularly in the areas of handling disclosures and accountabi
- Bishop of Sheffield; statement from ArchbishopsThe Archbishops of Canterbury and York made this joint statement today on the recent events surrounding the nomination of Bishop Philip North as Bishop of Sheffield.
- New Executive Director appointed to lead Archbishop of Canterbury’s initiative to promote fairer financeThe Archbishop of Canterbury’s Just Finance Foundation announced today the appointment of Rowena Young as the charity’s first Executive Director.
- New leadership development programme launchedNew leadership development programme launched
- Churches urged to respond well to domestic abuseChurch communities are being urged to address the issue of domestic abuse and raise awareness of its impact on adults and children. The updated practice guidance and policy from the House of Bishops, published today by the Church of England, encourages churches to become places of safety where domestic abuse is taken seriously, survivors are believed and respected, and alleged or known perpetrators challenged.
- Statement from the Bishop of Burnley, The Rt Revd Philip NorthStatement from the Bishop of Burnley, The Rt Revd Philip North
- The Bishop of Birmingham responds to the BudgetThe Bishop of Birmingham, the Rt Revd David Urquhart, Convenor of the Bishops in the House of Lords, responds to the Chancellor’s Budget Statement