The monthly newspaper from the Diocese of St Albans
Church Of England News
The latest news releases from the Church of England’s official communications office.
- Statement at end of IICSA Child Migration public hearingStatement at end of IICSA Child Migration public hearing
- Church of England Pensions Board publishes 2016 Annual Report and AccountsThe Church of England Pensions Board ("the Board") has today published its Annual Report and Accounts for 2016, and the Report and Accounts for each of the four pension schemes of which the Board is the corporate trustee.
- New research shows specialist coal mining companies falling short in their ability to manage carbon emissionsNew research shows specialist coal mining companies falling short in their ability to manage carbon emissions
- New Bishop of Loughborough announcedNew Bishop of Loughborough announced
- Synod debates cost of applying for citizenshipThe cost of applying for citizenship in the UK is too high, unfair, and risks undoing the work of integration, General Synod was told today.
- Welcoming Transgender PeopleWelcoming Transgender People
- General Synod backs ban on conversion therapyGeneral Synod backs ban on conversion therapy
- Synod calls for values-based politics upholding the common goodThe Church of England offers a still, small voice of calm in uncertain times following the General Election and tragedies such as the Grenfell Tower fire, the Archbishop of York said today.
- Rural church growth at the heart of latest round of funding for diocesesRural church growth at the heart of latest round of funding for dioceses.
- New call for training to help identify neighbours and friends in financial distressNew call for training to help identify neighbours and friends in financial distress