The monthly newspaper from the Diocese of St Albans
Church Of England News
The latest news releases from the Church of England’s official communications office.
- New Executive Director appointed to lead Archbishop of Canterbury’s initiative to promote fairer financeThe Archbishop of Canterbury’s Just Finance Foundation announced today the appointment of Rowena Young as the charity’s first Executive Director.
- New leadership development programme launchedNew leadership development programme launched
- Churches urged to respond well to domestic abuseChurch communities are being urged to address the issue of domestic abuse and raise awareness of its impact on adults and children. The updated practice guidance and policy from the House of Bishops, published today by the Church of England, encourages churches to become places of safety where domestic abuse is taken seriously, survivors are believed and respected, and alleged or known perpetrators challenged.
- Statement from the Bishop of Burnley, The Rt Revd Philip NorthStatement from the Bishop of Burnley, The Rt Revd Philip North
- The Bishop of Birmingham responds to the BudgetThe Bishop of Birmingham, the Rt Revd David Urquhart, Convenor of the Bishops in the House of Lords, responds to the Chancellor’s Budget Statement
- Bishop of Gloucester releases International Women's Day filmBishop of Gloucester releases International Women’s Day film
- Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich to chair Ministry CouncilBishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich to chair Ministry Council
- Investors with $4trn under management renew call on Exxon to address climate riskInvestors with $4trn under management renew call on Exxon to address climate risk
- Hidden gems from Londons chapels uncoveredHidden gems from London’s chapels uncovered
- Letter from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York following General SynodLetter from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York following General Synod